Find It Now
Studies & Plans
In September of 2022, the City of Medina adopted an update to its Comprehensive Plan. The Plan was a result of over a year-long planning process guided by the city's consultant, OHM Advisors, which included significant public input and guidance from a steering committee. The Comprehensive Plan serves as the cornerstone for many decisions related to how the community grows and is planned. Specifically, the plan facilitates the following objectives:
- Lay out a "big picture" for future growth;
- Consider the entire geographic area, including neighboring townships, county, and regional initiatives;
- Integrate input from key city staff and personnel to create collaboration among visions, programs, and policies;
- Inform the Capital Improvement Plan (CIP);
- Set a plan and direction for future development and zoning changes; and
- Determine how best to integrate new development within the existing network.
The Comprehensive Plan is intended to be general in nature, flexible, and serve as a 'guide' for decision making.