Medina Rec Hours, Policies and Advisory Board Info
Pool Hours - may vary with guard availability
Monday-Friday 7:00am to 7:00pm
Saturday 9:00am to 5:00pm
Sunday 10:00am to 5:00pm
AGE RESTRICTIONS FOR ENTERING THE REC CENTER
- Ages 3-7: Must be directly supervised by an adult at all times unless the child is participating in a Medina Rec program
- Ages 8-12: Must be accompanied by an adult to the MCRC and the adult must remain in the facility at ALL times unless the child is participating in a Medina Rec program
- Ages 13+: May enter the facility independently at any time
* People under 10 years old are not permitted in the fitness room or free weight balcony area.
GAINING ACCESS TO THE REC CENTER
Upon entering the MCRC, all patrons 3 years and older are required to check in at the Front Desk and have their membership ID card scanned in order to gain admittance. A daily pass can be purchased for those who do not have an annual membership.
All non-members are required to show a photo id in order to enter the facility.
Preferred photo IDs include:
- Driver's License
- State Identification Card
- MCRC issued Rec ID (for guests 16 years and younger)
Acceptable Photo IDs include:
- Student ID (for guests 16 years and younger)
- US Military ID
*Daily passes will not be sold to persons who fail to present a photo ID. *Guests 12 years of age and younger must be accompanied by an adult providing proper photo identificaiton. *Visitors and spectators will be required to show a photo ID to enter the facility
All members are required to have their membership ID card or other form of ID available to show any MCRC staff member at all times while in the MCRC.
Any Non-Member participating in a program at the MCRC or wishing to tour the facility must sign in at the Front Desk.
PATRON DISCIPLINARY POLICY
The MCRC is a facility operating for the benefit of the City of Medina community patrons. Patrons are expected to join the staff in promoting a pleasant recreational environment. Patrons are asked to use mature judgment in choosing actions, clothing, language and be sensitive to the message it delivers to other patrons. Patrons should respect the rights of others and are encouraged to display good sportsmanship so that participation in all activities is enjoyable and safe. The behavior of a patron must not disrupt the experience of others. All problems should be reported immediately to the Manager on Duty.
Rules and policies are posted and/or distributed to all MCRC users. The authority to enforce these policies is vested in the MCRC Staff and Administrative personnel responsible for facilities and programs. Violations of rules, malicious use or defacing of property, solicitation, verbal abuse, or other violations of the MCRC will not be tolerated. The MCRC Administrative Staff reserves the right to make discretionary adjustment to disciplinary action depending on the circumstances which may include suspension or revoking patron privileges. Patron disciplinary policies will be enforced.
Discipline is necessary when any patron exhibits unacceptable conduct. Some examples of unacceptable conduct are:
• Abuse or intentional misuse of MCRC equipment and properties
• Abusive or foul language
• Activity inappropriate for a family oriented public facility
• Disregarding MCRC rules and policies
• Engaging in dangerous activity
• Fighting or threatening harm to others
• Lack of respect for the MCRC staff i.e. ignored request, intimidation, verbal threats, physical threats, etc.
• Lack of respect for other members and/or patrons
• Misuse of an MCRC membership ID card
• Non-payment of MCRC membership, program or service fees
• Sexual Harassment
• Use of alcohol, non-prescription drugs, tobacco
Suspension for the above problems will be decided by the MCRC Manager on a case-by-case basis. The nature and seriousness of the offense will determine the suspension. Refunds will not be granted for suspensions due to disciplinary problems.
Non-Transferable and Non-Refundable Membership/Program Policy
Memberships and/or programs are non-transferable and non-refundable after they have been processed. They also cannot be transferred from one member to a new individual.
Individuals wishing to be considered for a refund or transfer due to extenuating circumstances must complete a Refund/Transfer Request Form. All requests will be reviewed and responded to in a timely manner. If a refund is granted, it will be prorated from the time that the refund request was approved and may be assessed a $5 administrative processing fee. Any refund/transfer appeals will be reviewed by the Recreation Center Director.
Annual memberships purchased on the Monthly Payment Plan may not be cancelled.
MEDINA COMMUNITY RECREATION CENTER ADVISORY BOARD
Purpose: The committee is responsible for working collectively on issues regarding the MCRC in accordance with the Operating Agreement between the City of Medina, MCRC and the Medina City Schools.
Suzanne Swain, At large - President
Jim Petrucci - At large
Neil Browne - At Large
Scott Bailey, City of Medina
Keith Sooy, City of Medina
Ryan O'Cull, Medina City Schools
Kris Quallich, Medina City Schools
The Recreation Advisory Committee is made up of a total of 7 members broken down as follows:
- City of Medina representatives (2)
- Medina City Schools representatives (2)
- Additional members were chosen: 1 President at large and 2 selected members at large (3)